Archer PvE Guide 2016 by Pomchi

seraphinush Profile Options #161

Friendly
Seraphinush Lvl.65
Ascension Valley (PVE)
High Elf Archer
SinkingShip on 04/20/2016, 06:25 PM - view
Is there some magic number for crit I should be shooting for? The OP says that you want crit etchings unless you are 'comfortable with your crit' in which case power might be worth it... How much crit should I have to make etching power worth?

I'm asking because I just made my SF gloves and I'm not sure whether to etch power or crit - my current stats are crit factor 60+211 and power 72+112 - that's unbuffed except sniper's eye. I dunno if having those stats so imbalanced is the right way to do it... any thoughts?

I find this subjective because i feel i don't crit enough unless i have 60+240 crit. but again, if you think you crit enough at a consistent rate, then having pumped etchings is totally up to you. what others may recommend is most likely keen etchings because they feel having more crit factor is always better and that's the same for me as well. this level of comfort is therefore subjective and whether you want to achieve higher crit factor for more crits, then go ahead. if you want bigger numbers, then work with that.

What others may say is that archers will get a buff through a new passive skill which gives 15% flat crit chance to monsters from behind. those people may say, 'hey, since we got more crit chance now, we should try to get power' and that's totally fine. again, gut feeling unless someone were to research this min-max through empirical or statistical data. using math also works out as well. get evidence-based research will make what you more concrete.

I get frustrated when i see 2 white damages in a row, be it from RA and PA or RA and TB. having white damage being seem after 4-5 seconds of charging and overcharging is quite disappointing. so i would recommend more crit factor instead of going for power.

Hope this helps :3
Pomchi Profile Options #162

Updated 28/04/2016
-Added notes to F22
-Added guide to Queen!
-This is the end...

Hey guys,

Sorry for the long delay in this, I have been extremely busy lately (just kidding just lazy).

I just wanted to say here that this will be the final update to this archer guide. I have kept this going for about 1.5 years now and I feel its time to let it go!

Over the years I have received hundreds of kind words and compliments both ingame and outside game, and it really means a lot to me to hear that I apparently have helped out a number of fellow archers!

I apologise that at times I could not respond to some questions or feedback, but please understand that in addition to this guide, I also run a large guild ingame, have my own real life and of course want to play the game myself too! So time is always limited...

So let me leave off by saying that next patch, I will be retiring my archer, however I may consider trying it out again when the juicy 15% side/back crit buff comes in the future!

Finally the Queen video I added is in all honesty, not the cleanest kill, infact it was almost cancerous with the amount she was moving around, but I felt as a final farewell, it would be awesome to go out with a bang with being on the verge of death several times!

I may add a bonus slaying Queen video in the future, but no guarantees...

Thanks again everyone for all of your support.

Much love,
Pomchi

Edited by: Pomchi about 1 year ago
seraphinush Profile Options #163

Friendly
Seraphinush Lvl.65
Ascension Valley (PVE)
High Elf Archer
Pomchi on 04/28/2016, 04:19 AM - view
Updated 28/04/2016
-Added notes to F22
-Added guide to Queen!
-This is the end...

Hey guys,

Sorry for the long delay in this, I have been extremely busy lately (just kidding just lazy).

I just wanted to say here that this will be the final update to this archer guide. I have kept this going for about 1.5 years now and I feel its time to let it go!

Over the years I have received hundreds of kind words and compliments both ingame and outside game, and it really means a lot to me to hear that I apparently have helped out a number of fellow archers!

I apologise that at times I could not respond to some questions or feedback, but please understand that in addition to this guide, I also run a large guild ingame, have my own real life and of course want to play the game myself too! So time is always limited...

So let me leave off by saying that next patch, I will be retiring my archer, however I may consider trying it out again when the juicy 15% side/back crit buff comes in the future!

Finally the Queen video I added is in all honesty, not the cleanest kill, infact it was almost cancerous with the amount she was moving around, but I felt as a final farewell, it would be awesome to go out with a bang with being on the verge of death several times!

I may add a bonus slaying Queen video in the future, but no guarantees...

Thanks again everyone for all of your support.

Much love,
Pomchi

Thanks Pomchi for all your contributions- I can assure your contributions now will go a long way for prospect archers. that being said, i'm sure someone else will come along and carry the torch. good luck to you in your endeavors and may Arun and Shara keep you in their dream.

With Velik's Blessing,
Seraph
Darkomax Profile Options #164

Another one bites the dust :(
Guess everyone get bored one day or another, I dropped my archer 4 months ago. Don't even know if the buff will convince me, I had a lot of fun once but now archer feels very dull for me.
Pomchi Profile Options #165

Slaying archer Queen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRK5WiSDgXY

Enjoy and this is the real final farewell now!

xx