8/20/15 new bug: cooldown popup bar almost completely broken

msoltyspl Profile Options #1

Friendly
Amene Lvl.65
Tempest Reach (PVE)
Elin Warrior
some are correct sometimes, but overall:

- it shows random skills (including e.g. mount icons)
- in random order
- with spaces in between
- in 2 rows
- they often disappear too fast as well

Example:

Edited by: msoltyspl over 2 years ago
SingleBear Profile Options #2

First the obvious troubleshooting disclaimer:
UI issues occasionally pop up after game updates. The developer recommends players experiencing issues with their UI use the "Reset UI Position" and "Reset UI scale" buttons in Options > UI Settings.

More specifically to your issue, the only way we can reproduce what you are seeing is when we spread our skills out to other Skill Shortcut Trays and flip between them during combat.

Example:
1. Place a set of skills on Tray 1 and another on Tray 2
Tray 1
Tray 2

2. Use the skills on Tray 1 so that they appear on your cooldown bar
3. Switch to Tray 2 and use those skills
4. Now switch between both trays and note the cooldown bar reorganizes and may create skill gaps
Skill Gap

We communicated this issue to the developer Bluehole long before this post. They told us the cooldown bar was only designed to updated off the currently displayed Shortcut Tray. Skills placed on a Tray not displaying or on the extended tray are not tracked.

The dev has not communicated to us any plans to rework this functionality.
Edited by: SingleBear over 2 years ago
msoltyspl Profile Options #3

Friendly
Amene Lvl.65
Tempest Reach (PVE)
Elin Warrior
Was this at least confirmed ? Any ETA ?
Sawao Profile Options #4

Trusted
Kwon Lvl.65
Mount Tyrannas (PVP65)
Elin Warrior
The bar gaps are from skills that "disappear too fast" - that is to say, those not off cooldown yet. I really hope to see a permanent fix for this because it causes so many issues, especially when there's a lot of skills to micromanage and the first thing I did after the patch was reset my UI scale and position, so I know that it doesn't seem to help this specific problem.
msoltyspl Profile Options #5

Friendly
Amene Lvl.65
Tempest Reach (PVE)
Elin Warrior
Ok, I know how it happened to those extremes for me (including 2nd row). My tenth bar is filled with mounts and they trigger CD popup for all of them. If I swapped it back to my combat bar before the CD was off, it created this gigantic mess.

None the less this is a bug that never existed before, and it cripples usage of other bars on anything with longer CD. It's not about not updating cooldowns on other bars that are off - it's about cooldown popups from inactive bars creating gigantic mess on some other toolbar(s).

Example: http://youtu.be/mIVxyYdIqLo

Important point on that video (aside amusing mess of CDs) - do you see elin's useless selfbuff called "Horizon Run" with 30min CD (22min left) ? It should not even be visible as it's present on inactive bar (#2 in my case).

So basically the issue is:

1) Skill CDs from inactive bar don't disappear anymore (they should and they did so before this update)
2) When they do disappear while currently active bar doesn't have them, they cause all sort of problems as you can see in video (gaps, positions, wrong icons, etc.)

As I swapped from "mount bar" to my main combat bar fast enough, there were 10+ bugged CDs waiting to cause issues.

There is another issue that remains unfixed: the CD bar doesn't autosort anymore (will add videos in a few).
Edited by: msoltyspl over 2 years ago
msoltyspl Profile Options #6

Friendly
Amene Lvl.65
Tempest Reach (PVE)
Elin Warrior
So to autosorting issue:

1st video from pre-nerf schm times: http://youtu.be/2Gt8BOqNt7Q
The CDs are always sorted from the lowest to highest remaining.

2nd video prepared just now: http://youtu.be/kjUyKGSApks
The CDs stay in their initial positions.