Looking for suggestions on which sword I should get. I have plans to masterwork and get it up to +12. I see pros and cons for each of them, but I just wonder if the way I think between these two is on the right track or not.
Fane & Glory
- Has one extra attribute stat (+3/+5/+7/+9)
- T13 weapon fodder is easier & cheaper to get (around 300g on broker/and play AC NM)
- Has enraged monster dmg on base stat where R&I does not
- Have to gather materials to craft this weapon
- Attack modifier is weaker of course
- MW +12 gives 3127+1156 (1% bonus example)
Research & Inquiry
- Pretty much free to get by attending Nexus
- Attack modifier is better
- MW +12 gives 3532+1306 (1% bonus example)
- T14 fodder is harder & expensive to get (around 780g on broker/and playing HM)
- Does not have enraged base stats
- Does not have extra attribute stat (+3/+6/+9)
I also wonder if the attack difference between the two would make any noticeable difference on dmg. I'll use both swords for example that are MW +12 at 1%, 2%, and 3%. The numbers may be a bit off too, but not a huge margin.
Research & Inquiry vs. Fane & Glory MW +12 Attack Comparison
MW 1%: 3512 (+1306) - 3127(+1156) = 533
MW 2%: 3512 (+1341) - 3127(+1187) = 537
MW 3%: 3512 (+1376) - 3127(+1219) = 542
EDIT: I suppose I'm not including Ridge & Rift from Argon Corpus HM since the drop is very abysmal right now. Definitely for sure I would go for that instead of nexus swords.
Edited by: Yosha about 3 years ago