Slayer vs berserker

Greenlee Profile Options #1

Hello everyone I'm extremely new to the game and I've got my character choice down to the 2 listed above. Can I get the pros/cons of each Plz? They seem very similar to me but mine are both only lvl 4 haha. I have noticed the berserker hits way slower and seems to have a slightly shorter normal attack range but I'm wondering how they both do in pvp as well higher lvls once they get more spells. Thanks everyone in advance
Greenlee Profile Options #2

Anyone? :(
Animalville Profile Options #3

Slayers
-More Mobile
-Hits less than zerker
-Attacks faster
-Has ranged attack

Zerker
-Less Mobile
-Hits harder than slayer
-Attacks slower
-Doesn't have ranged attack
Giamonti Profile Options #4

Favorable
Giamoney Lvl.60
Mount Tyrannas (PVP)
Human Sorcerer
Slayers are very mobile whilst having a couple stuns and burst damage.

Berserkers trade that mobility for block for more survival and the fear+aoe slow that they have. Zerks also do alot more damage than slayers, but almost no sustained damage, all burst.

Zerks often need to be babysat to be extremely powerful.
LudwigVonKoopa Profile Options #5

Zerker here. I just want to add my two cents on the subject. Not sure about slayer since I have not played one, but from my exp from zerker I think a lot of people pick it up and just think they can crush anything with big numbers. Zerkers are VERY bursty with their dps and hit quite hard.

Downside like most have said already we are slow and easy to be killed if not careful especially in boss fights that stun or have aoe dmg.

Now with that said. I play my zerker quite effectively and if used correctly (skill wise) you can out live most other dps in boss fights with vamp (our healing move). With that being said it isn't your clutch move that will get you out of any situation you need to read bosses and BAMS (very very well). Zerkers need to be able to know when to block/charge/run/ leap away at the right time. If not you will just keep getting beat up and doing little dmg.

I've personally been complemented on my play style b/c I know when to use certain charge moves, block, heal etc. This is key to a zerker being great dps IMO. now you could just go all in and like Gia said and be babysat by a healer but it just shows how noob that zerker really is if they don't utilize all their skills and time their movements accordingly.

Sorry for the long post.
Greenlee Profile Options #6

its np i appreciate the feedback im just worried cus no matter what game my friend and i play together he picks the archer and i (usually) pick the warrior style class. we just come over from world of warcraft and of course he played the hunter and i played both the druid (feral) and a warrior both of which in duels he would usually kite me like crazy and kill me. i want to avoid that in this game but it seems inevitable cus from what im reading and seeing archers are able to kite like crazy on here too. i know im good at video games and id prefer somewhat of a challenge in the character i play but not so much so that no matter what i do with the abilities available to me ill never be able to beat him.
TheJackalrat Profile Options #7

If you're interested in solo PvP, standing on your own, dueling, and just generally being the guy who, unassisted, people are watching out for? Slayer.

If you're more concerned with being the part of a -team- that does a lot of damage, then Berserker. To use your kit effectively as a zerker, you will need other players to assist you. You also will suffer 1v1 compared to slayers, but some players aren't concerned about that.

The nature of Tera's PvP is skill-based regardless. Some players may rage and call certain classes "ez mode" but a skilled player will stand out no matter what he chooses. If you can't land your attacks and avoid the attacks of other classes, you'll be stomped no matter what class you choose.
Caesaron Profile Options #8

The amount of zerkers I have seen in dungeons that think they can just stand there and out DPS, then almost instantly die is absolutely mental.

I would go with slayer, more manoeuvrable and very high burst DPS.
paragons777 Profile Options #9

The amount of Slayers I have seen in dungeons that think they can just flip flop all over the place and put out crappy dps only to get one shot is mental.

I would learn to play both classes. A Slayer is like ouch, stay still! Ouch, Ouch Dead. A Zerker is like the Asteroid in Armageddon making a bad day even worse.
Edited by: paragons777 almost 2 years ago
paragons777 Profile Options #10

Slayers gimmicks have been removed lol...they got nerfed. *sigh
So no... fighting a Slayer now is just pure vs opponents skill.
Its lvl playing field now. Well between Zerk and Slayer...
Lancer will continue to be the FOTM for melee.