2013 Female Steampunk outfits >:(

microrapter Profile Options #1

Favorable
Microrapter Lvl.60
Celestial Hills - Roleplay (PVE)
Elin Priest
moving this to general

So this was brought up with the 2k13 swimsuits that were released but it has resurfaced again with these new steampunk outfits.

Why are they changing the character models? They have changed the fem amani feet again and also removed the scars on the castanic ladies. It's been said before but these are racial traits! These are features that DEFINE and IDENTIFY the separate races

The reason I'd want to play these races, or any race in tera!, is because they are different! They're unique! They're diverse! But these outfits that tera is offering us now are altering and flat out REMOVING these differences in favor of bland, generic sexism.

We chose these races because we liked them the way they were. These changes don't make me want to spend my money on these outfits at all.

footnoodles Profile Options #2

Neutral
Footnoodles Lvl.60
Castanic Slayer
Agreed. Part of why I like Tera so much is that all the races are different and that all the costumes in Tera are made specifically for each race, showing off these specific traits and rocking them. Besides removing the scars on the Castanics, and changing the Amani feet, take a look at the Elin. Forcing them into an outfit designed for a completely different body type does not work whatsoever simply because of the proportions that the Elin have and are designed with. I'll reference them every time, but take a look at the pirate costumes. I LOVE them. I love that each boasts something different and each rides along the designs of each specific race. They fit and they look fantastic. And I want my oversexualized Castanic MALES back, I can't emphasize how much I adore that their entire RACE, both sexes are just overly sexualized all the time. It's part of their design and it works so well. The thought and time put into each race is why I play this game.

And I get it, copypasta-ing outfits is easier and cheaper when you're a free to play game. But we didn't force the Baraka or the male Amani to wear these tiny cowboy boots, why the Amani females? Why the Castanic scars. It just doesn't make sense to me.

When you have such effective race design in a game that is so appealing strictly on the diversity it presents, why change it for something generic? If I wanted to play a generic mmo with generic races, I'd be playing one.
Nikutsune Profile Options #3

I talked about this back when it happened with the 2013 swimsuits with equal disappointment.
I'm even more disappointed in these outfits than last time. :c
Aside from general reasons of: I chose this race for a reason and like their physical attributes. They are big dragon ladies do they have to look like every other female so much that they depart from their own race? Look at their male counterparts they look different enough already. Why would I pay money for something that physically alters my character in ways to look bland and break design?

Because all the outfits were copy pasta'd between the races, which isn't necessarily bad it saves time and money and the males look fine, The ladies have weird disproportionate bodies going on.
The Elin's thighs look HUGE and the Amani ladies look very top heavy with those strange, altered, tiny feet.
Not to mention they are all uncreatively standing around in panties. It's steam punk, one could have done a number of things! Elaborate pant suits or big dresses. Or even a Corset with long john like poofy pants. Instead it's just panties with a vest with gear pattern on it.

Look I WANT to pay for outfits and dress up, I really do. I've bought plenty already and plan to buy more but this continuing trend of giving all the females all the exact same outfits (like the school uniforms which makes sense but then we don't get male counterparts??) and shafting the Amani ladies and their physical traits and bodies is just making me less likely to buy anything.

You'd think putting the effort in for all the races and genders would help sell a race if it wasn't doing well, as opposed to shafting them.
FranBunnyFFXII Profile Options #4

Hostile
Franbunny Lvl.60
Mount Tyrannas (PVP)
Castanic Archer
They really should be sticking to their original character design philosophy I agree.
msoltyspl Profile Options #5

Suspicious
Amene Lvl.60
Tempest Reach (PVE)
Elin Warrior
Forcing them into an outfit designed for a completely different body type does not work whatsoever simply because of the proportions that the Elin have and are designed with.

Actually I quite like steampunk outfit on my elin. Just give us the damn body sliders.

Sure some stuff is "a bit" out of place (gas mask ? it's not ... bad, but the stupid hat on to of it ...), but we've seen worse. I'm sure we will see more :p They spared us marine suits at least.

And while we're at the elins - considering what is available in game and in cash shop - ffs sync the old outfits to korean originals on some next update - as it's now not only a gigantic nonsense, but also a gigantic hypocrisy as well (reading that mr producer ?). And still bugged.
Edited by: msoltyspl about 1 year ago
Palma Profile Options #6

Suspicious
Old.Poot.Poot Lvl.60
Tempest Reach (PVE)
Human Archer
Yep that picture totally sums it up
CaityG Profile Options #7

Friendly
Daleka Lvl.60
Aman Slayer
That picture... yep.

Bought one on impulse for my main because I thought we'd get some epic clockwork clawed greaves... epically disappointed when I found out we just had another High Elf leg transplant. :I Had that thing on the broker so fast it wasn't funny.

I dunno why costumes for the f. aman have gone so downhill lately. The Pirate costume was a slam dunk; I love how that turned out (AND IT DIDNT SCREW WITH THEIR ANATOMY!). But the 2k13 swimsuits? Steampunk? The fancy dresses coming down the pipes? Nah, no way I'm buying any of those for my Aman. If I wanted smexy legs I would've rolled a Helf, Human or Castanic.

I will throw a bit of positive in there; the weapon skins are pretty nice. At least they got those right.
microrapter Profile Options #8

Favorable
Microrapter Lvl.60
Elin Priest
CaityG on 09/19/2013, 09:22 PM - view
That picture... yep.

Bought one on impulse for my main because I thought we'd get some epic clockwork clawed greaves... epically disappointed when I found out we just had another High Elf leg transplant. :I Had that thing on the broker so fast it wasn't funny.

I dunno why costumes for the f. aman have gone so downhill lately. The Pirate costume was a slam dunk; I love how that turned out (AND IT DIDNT SCREW WITH THEIR ANATOMY!). But the 2k13 swimsuits? Steampunk? The fancy dresses coming down the pipes? Nah, no way I'm buying any of those for my Aman. If I wanted smexy legs I would've rolled a Helf, Human or Castanic.

I will throw a bit of positive in there; the weapon skins are pretty nice. At least they got those right.

I completely agree, they peaked with the pirate costumes
Individual designs for ever race and gender, and exceptional ones at that!
It was truly equall. There weren't more costumes for elins or high elves, everyone just got one (or 2 with the variant) really awesome costume that you could be proud to wear.

It probably costs more to create different outfits for each race/gender, but what they're doing now is ridiculous and borderline offensive
Roda Profile Options #9

Trusted
Roda Lvl.60
Castanic Sorcerer
I love every last one of you.

I was so excited to get steampunk fashion in the game, and it wound up to be yet another costume that forces me to play a skinny human, what with its horn-removing hats, and its scarless legs. >:'(
Nikutsune Profile Options #10

As a whole, can we please just stop breaking racial features (scars, horns and legs) because it is overall silly and contradictory to original design.

Aside from my beef with ruining amani lady legs I hate seeing the castanics lose scars or horns. How hard is it to make a hat with the horns sticking thru, and isn't it more work to change legs and feet and take away scars than to just leave them.

LIKE REALLY, NONE OF IT MAKES SENSE AND IT'S ALL TERRIBLE.