5/18/15: EMP/Elite Status Purchasing Issue Resolution + Update

Minea Profile Options #1

4 p.m. PDT update on 5/20

We have been making good progress with the EMP refunds and we are pretty confident that all refund process from this issue will be complete by the end of tomorrow (Thursday).

(Please note that refunds can take 3 to 5 business days to post, depending on the bank.)

--------------------------------------------------------------------

(continuing from this thread)

Hello everyone,

On Saturday evening, May 16, our payment processing partner had an issue that prevented the delivery of EMP and Elite Status subscription following the purchase. This issue has been resolved, and here is the updated information on what happened and what actions we’re taking.

EMP Purchase

: All delayed EMP purchases should have been automatically delivered by now.

• We are proactively refunding all EMP purchases outside of the 1st EMP purchase per account that has occurred during this time that EMP was not being delivered right away.

• For those accounts that had EMP delivered from unintended purchases, please keep it as a token of our appreciation for your patience. (You will still be getting the full refund of all repeat purchases outside of the 1st processed EMP purchase.)

• Our goal is to complete the refund process by the end of this week. Please keep an eye on this thread for the completion update. At this time, there is no action required on your part.

Elite Status Purchase

: All Elite Status purchases made during this occurrence did not process, and they have been refunded already. We are adding 7 days of Elite Status time to the accounts that attempted Elite Status purchases during this occurrence and were charged for Elite Status without receiving them.

• All Elite Status purchases should have been automatically refunded. These refunds may take 3 to 5 business days to post. User wanting Elite Status will need to repurchase it.

• The 7 days of Elite Status will be applied to accounts whether they have subsequently subscribed to Elite Status or not since the purchasing error was corrected.

• Our goal is to complete the refund and the 7-day Elite Status addition process by the end of this week. Please keep an eye on this thread for the completion update. At this time, there is no action required on your part.

Again, we are doing our best to complete the refund/7-day Elite Status grant process by the end of this week. Please keep an eye on this thread for completion update. At this time, there is no action required on your part.

Thank you for your patience.
Edited by: Minea about 3 years ago - Reason: 4 p.m. PDT update on 5/20
Gentlefaun Profile Options #2

What if you still haven't received any emp? Then what?
Araya Profile Options #3

Eme-title Customer Support Mgr
Hi Gentlefaun,

Since I cannot discuss any account related things in an open post, I will email you via the support ticketing system.
Gentlefaun Profile Options #4

Araya on 05/18/2015, 04:06 PM - view
Hi Gentlefaun,

Since I cannot discuss any account related things in an open post, I will email you via the support ticketing system.

Thank you!
EpsilonOblivion Profile Options #5

Favorable
Aureaok Lvl.65
Tempest Reach (PVE)
Human Warrior
Whoa wait, what? Okay, let me just make sure I understand this Araya/Minea. We get the full refund for the unintended purchase(s) and get to keep the EMP?
Edited by: EpsilonOblivion about 3 years ago - Reason: Too many "whoa"s
Shirohige Profile Options #6

Suspicious
Red.Okami Lvl.65
Mount Tyrannas (PVP65)
Elin Reaper
Araya has spoken!!!! GEEGEE!!!!
Minea Profile Options #7

EpsilonOblivion on 05/18/2015, 04:10 PM - view
Whoa wait, what? Okay, let me just make sure I understand this Araya/Minea. We get the full refund for the unintended purchase(s) and get to keep the EMP?

Yes. Outside of the 1st EMP purchase, you will get a refund. But if you received EMP from the accidental repeat purchases (starting with 2nd purchase record), you will get to keep them.
EpsilonOblivion Profile Options #8

Favorable
Aureaok Lvl.65
Tempest Reach (PVE)
Human Warrior
Minea on 05/18/2015, 04:38 PM - view
Yes. Outside of the 1st EMP purchase, you will get a refund. But if you received EMP from the accidental repeat purchases (starting with 2nd purchase record), you will get to keep them.

Thank you so so much!
MixMox Profile Options #9

Just curious but would this problem also be related to the fact I can't actually purchase any EMP at this time because I keep getting a maintenance message when I do.
counterpoint Profile Options #10

MixMox on 05/18/2015, 04:57 PM - view
Just curious but would this problem also be related to the fact I can't actually purchase any EMP at this time because I keep getting a maintenance message when I do.

There seemed to be some sort of server issue just recently, but it seems unrelated to the earlier issue. There are all sorts of things going down at the service provider in Chicago today, it seems.