Blade&Soul is more cinematic even the combat but it is the same as TERA. Blade&Soul is also more traditional Asian architecture where TERA has more of a western feel.
There are differences and similarities. But so far Blade&Soul is the closest game that I have found to TERA.
I love them both. Unfortunatly Blade&Soul's release well everyone has given up on that after about 4-5 years of soon soon soon lol
Hopefully this convinces you to at least buy Tera for the first free month to try it out...
1. Tera - it's the only mmo game I'm going to play for now.
2. Wow - its still fun to screw around in, even after 7 years. But now if I need a fix I just play the free version. Unsubbed my 10 85's a year ago. Will likely reactivate my account for 1 month and level a pandaran monk to 90 before unsubbing again.
3. Rift - There are some nice models in this game, and some stuff is well done. It suffers from the wow clone syndrome, and isn't quite as fun. But it looks way better. This is the only game I really miss.
4. SWTOR - only becasue it's new and has good graphics does it make fourth. EA/Bioware are complete [filtered]s. I love the Star Wars franchise and am really sad they ruined it. Servers are dead, they don't have the tech savvy to implement transfers or LFG, so the game went fail after one or two months. Leveling was awesome, but at end game you could taste them pissing right in your mouth. I never thought I could hate a game before. But it looks like I can. Easily. [filtered]s!
5. LOTR and a ton of f2p mmo games just to mess around in. LOTR was my favorite for a long time. EQ2 was also fun. Warhammer was ok. AOC was only meh. Etc. I played almost all of them on the free trials at least. In the end I thought I was going to be hard core LOTR, but then wow's 1-20 starter edition ended up being more fun. So I think I'm not going to mess with these much any more.
6. GW2. Yea, sadly enough I tried to go preorder it the other day and I can't do it. The character walk cycles just look like [filtered]. And there is no gear progression at max level, fresh 80's get max gear. No mounts. Etc. The game is going to fail in a major way. I'm sure there will be all kinds of free trials coming along (just look at SWTOR failing hard with free trials every week), and then I can maybe bump it up into #5 as a piece of crap to mess with at least once in a while. But until then I'll pass.This is going to be the first major mmo release in 7 years that I pass on. Oddly enough, even as bad as it is, it still has it's rabid fanbois.... sigh... so does SWTOR.