Download Speed

Anthrax Profile Options #1

Has anybody else expierienced VERY slow download speed? I started to download the Tera Online client, yesturday evening at around 5:00pm. Just now getting to 50% now, and it's 11:40pm! Not sure what could be wrong, my computer and internet are extremely fast! Yet for some reason the download goes from 1.5-2MBS down to 20-200kbs
Jeordy Profile Options #2

I'm having this issue right now as well. It starts out charging away at 2.6 mB/s, then after about 5-10 minutes just plummets to 200kB/s, then eventually pops up with an error that the source is distributing corrupt data. Restart launcher, keeps going, same thing happens.

Also, tried leaving it up over night and it apparently just stopped about 10 minutes in (Hibernate and Standby turned off on my PC)

Dunno with me if it has something to do with me installing it on an SSD or if the launcher is just a pain, but yeah... I'm HOPING if I sit here and actively watch it, restart it every time it drops below 1mB/s that I'll be able to get in and play today >.>
Maia Profile Options #3

Oh my god. Right? It isn't just me?! I was watching launcher now after my pc was reformatted, reinstalling now... and 100-200kb/s? That's kinda.... really slow. It started strong, then it just went Wham. Hit a TERA invisiwall, as one might say. Hasn't restarted or stopped, but it has just been biotchy and not gone like anywhere. Like. an hour of wait for every 2-3%? Uncool. There's gotta be an issue server-side, cuz My pc's Diagnostics are squeaky clean, brand new, and I've got Way more space on my drives than TERA could hope to fill. So what the hell gives? >^<
Edited by: Maia over 2 years ago
awsmforce Profile Options #4

Under the play botton there is a settings tab click that take off p2p sharing and go direct its a lot faster and even try restarting the download it should pick up :). Hope this helps !!!
Maia Profile Options #5

^ You sir, are my knight in shining armor. *gives cookie* :D
Edited by: Maia over 2 years ago
Maia Profile Options #6

Forgive repeat posts but, in under 5 seconds on restart, it hit 5%!!!!!! OH MY God I could cry.
Edited by: Maia over 2 years ago - Reason: color fails
Invalid Profile Options #7

when i disabled my P2P it went from like 8 days, to 6 hours. ^_^
Fatwa Profile Options #8

Hostile
Votes.Dont.Matter Lvl.60
Tempest Reach (PVE)
Popori Archer
http://tera-answers.enmasse.com/posts/dc35760eb5

If you have any more issues, check the link.
crosshairv Profile Options #9

i finished the download in 40-45min with peer to peer turned off
Edited by: crosshairv over 2 years ago
jet562 Profile Options #10

go to www.speedtest.net and check ur download speed! if you have a wireless network card make sure you turn it off and run a wired connection to your router/modem. I had the same problem before and it turns out my computer prioritizes wireless connections to wired connections. weird stuff