Login and Connectivity Errors (8001) Update

Asellus Profile Options #41

Having access to Tera again finally, I'd like to offer one bit of feedback, which I didn't notice mentioned yet from my quick skim-read:

It was rather awkward to direct all people with this problem to the forums, because part of the problem was that they couldn't connect to the forums to begin with. I would say all people with this problem ended up having to either use Google Cache, help from a friend, or an alternate ISP to access the forums to access the information.

I don't know how things looked on EME's side of the fence or the kind of quick-notice tools they had available, but in a case like this, putting the information up on the website (which affected users could access) rather than the forums might have reached out to more players. Since the website had a notice that redirected to this forum thread, I'm guessing putting the information directly there might have been possible.
pigfeet Profile Options #42

I don't have probem with log in or Errors.

But, the lag is really bad.

I have been playing Tera from Hawaii over half year. I did not have a problem with lag so much.

Today, I just can't play the game due to the lag. I get 2~3 sec lag spike in every 20-30 sec.
Remorser Profile Options #43

All these people complaining about lag and large ping, i guess you amerikans aren't actually that good without your ping advantage.
-Australia
Ninoo Profile Options #44

Revered
Linoo Lvl.65
Tempest Reach (PVE)
Elin Priest
Not sure if related but since 3-4 days I'm having really bad ping inside dungeons (mainly 3/5/7). Outside my ping goes from 180 to 250ms (I play from France), but as soon as I enter I have nasty 300 to 500ms spikes every so often. It's pretty annoying and hard to heal like this, bosses and players randomly tp, when I dodge I get hit by everything due to the delay and when I lock on someone it tp me where I started locking, fun fun.
Hollyca Profile Options #45

I'm from Russia, Moscow. Problem solved, I can play again.
Kruseus Profile Options #46

Trusted
Annie.Oakley Lvl.65
Tempest Reach (PVE)
High Elf Gunner
Asellus on 04/23/2014, 01:00 AM - view
Having access to Tera again finally, I'd like to offer one bit of feedback, which I didn't notice mentioned yet from my quick skim-read:

It was rather awkward to direct all people with this problem to the forums, because part of the problem was that they couldn't connect to the forums to begin with. I would say all people with this problem ended up having to either use Google Cache, help from a friend, or an alternate ISP to access the forums to access the information.

I don't know how things looked on EME's side of the fence or the kind of quick-notice tools they had available, but in a case like this, putting the information up on the website (which affected users could access) rather than the forums might have reached out to more players. Since the website had a notice that redirected to this forum thread, I'm guessing putting the information directly there might have been possible.

Glad to hear that you can connect again. There were updates throughout the day on all of the official TERA Socials for people who couldn't access the forums. I know that Reddit had basically all the same info we had in this thread.
Edited by: Kruseus about 4 years ago - Reason: BBCode derp
Runespider Profile Options #47

When an ISP has issues like this there will be lag and connection problems for upto 24 hours after they fix it, that's just how the technology works.

You will lag and DC for a while after the fix still, nothing they can do about that.
Runespider Profile Options #48

Enmasse has twitter, redit, facebook etc accounts and the communicate through those. You should bookmark those so if anything happens again in the future you can still read or communicate with them.
Aliila Profile Options #49

Eme-title Associate Producer
Aliila Lvl.60
Tempest Reach (PVE)
Castanic Priest
The maintenance is now completed. All services should be back online. We have confirmation from the ISP that the connection issue is resolved now.

Thank you for your patience and now we can go kill Bandersnatch again.
Ovrkill Profile Options #50

I couldn't even get to the website without a vpn. I assumed, wrongly ofc, that there was some sort of ddos happening. After a few hours of being unable to access anything of the official site etc, I went to reddit and found out what was happening and loaded a vpn up. Runespider was absolutely correct that this info was available elsewhere off the main site/forum.

Thank you EME staff for getting us as much info as you could about an issue that was not your doing!
Edited by: Ovrkill about 4 years ago