On the NHN Announcement in KR

Arkwright Profile Options #41

Diver on 12/26/2012, 06:45 PM - view
Arkwright on 12/26/2012, 05:56 PM
The mass denial in this thread.

It makes me smile so much...

OMG Dah-ling! It's Kid-Schadenfreude in the flesh! Did someone drop some chum in the water or something? Looking forward to some vinegar in what would otherwise if quite the fine healthy salad of this thread.

ohai thar, Diver.
Suziana Profile Options #42

Neutral
Diana Lvl.60
Lake of Tears (PVP)
High Elf Mystic
Hey, remember when some of the original players said this game was going to be F2P soon? Yeahhh...
Can't say I didn't see this coming. The biggest mistake of my life was paying for a year's subscription of this crap. That's some good misleading advertising on their part. Suckered me right in like a moth to a flame. Sigh. This game will take the path Aion took. After all, it is kind of an NCSoft copy.

Diver Profile Options #43

Suziana on 12/26/2012, 07:01 PM - view
Hey, remember when some of the original players said this game was going to be F2P soon? Yeahhh...
Can't say I didn't see this coming. The biggest mistake of my life was paying for a year's subscription of this crap. That's some good misleading advertising on their part. Suckered me right in like a moth to a flame. Sigh. This game will take the path Aion took. After all, it is kind of an NCSoft copy.

Oh pffft. Put yourself in the shoes of those who bought Lifetime for TSW even after several vigorous warnings not to do so! Tera had some dignity and belief in its product not to offer lifetime subs right off the bat. Even tho I'm a chornoscroll kid I still think the yearly sub deal from the start remains a killer deal.

It's lifetime subs that pretty much scream "I know my game is not good enough to hold your attention for a year!"
Mushimushi Profile Options #44

Rosanna on 12/26/2012, 06:01 AM - view
TERA EU made a recent response to this as well today.

https://forum.tera-europe.com/showthread.php?t=133964

”The Korean version of TERA is going f2p which is the next big step for them. Please understand that it is too early right now to talk about this but we will have more information for you about the EU version in January.”

K-TERA and J-TERA announced going F2P today. From that official statement from EU it pretty much seems they will be announcing the "updated" model in January... since it is too early to talk about it now. The same could be said about our territory. I know there are still like 2 people still thinking if it is or if it isn't going F2P; it is going F2P.

I am not going to bother searching for it, so dear reader take my word for it if you wish: Raven, one of the lead CMs in the EU side, said a couple months ago something like this: "The reason why we haven't implemented the cash shop and chronoscroll systems yet will be obvious in the near feature, but we can't say much yet".

Raven knew. Gameforge knew. This has been brewing for several months and it's going to happen very soon, it's just a matter of how soon.

The US version will not stay P2P either, although it may be the last one to go F2P.
XValkyrie Profile Options #45

Nice content update, but I really hope NA Tera never goes F2P :(
I will have to leave if that happens for FF14/B&S
Whoope Profile Options #46

Diver on 12/26/2012, 07:07 PM - view
Suziana on 12/26/2012, 07:01 PM

Oh pffft. Put yourself in the shoes of those who bought Lifetime for TSW even after several vigorous warnings not to do so! Tera had some dignity and belief in its product not to offer lifetime subs right off the bat. Even tho I'm a chornoscroll kid I still think the yearly sub deal from the start remains a killer deal.

It's lifetime subs that pretty much scream "I know my game is not good enough to hold your attention for a year!"

But you realize that TSW went Buy 2 Play with a very minor cash shop (small AP/SP/EXP Run Speed boosts) and the obvious costumes, what they DID do for people that still want to subscribe or have bought longer than what was forseen subscriptions gain FREE credits (on a monthly basis) towards the cash shop, additional bonuses in game and a discount on ALL cash shop items (something like 10%)
Edited by: Whoope almost 2 years ago
Diver Profile Options #47

Whoope on 12/26/2012, 09:33 PM - view
Diver on 12/26/2012, 07:07 PM
Suziana on 12/26/2012, 07:01 PM

But you realize that TSW went Buy 2 Play with a very minor cash shop (small AP/SP/EXP Run Speed boosts) and the obvious costumes, what they DID do for people that still want to subscribe or have bought longer than what was forseen subscriptions gain FREE credits (on a monthly basis) towards the cash shop, additional bonuses in game and a discount on ALL cash shop items (something like 10%)

Free credits which expire after 6 months if not used . . . . but let's stop the derail right there and get back to the KR announcement. My bad for the tangent.
Naoto Profile Options #48

Favorable
Envy Lvl.60
Mount Tyrannas (PVP)
Elin Warrior
So other then pure want by the posters, why would nTera go free 2 play soon?

it is financially stable and generating revenue. unlike kTera and jTera that have been out longer then nTera. Though I am sure eventually it will be Free 2 Play as it will adopt a streamlined version of what kTera has, it wont be so soon.
JerryBoyle Profile Options #49

Friendly
Terrin Lvl.60
Tempest Reach (PVE)
Castanic Archer
Naoto on 12/27/2012, 06:20 AM - view
So other then pure want by the posters, why would nTera go free 2 play soon?

it is financially stable and generating revenue. unlike kTera and jTera that have been out longer then nTera. Though I am sure eventually it will be Free 2 Play as it will adopt a streamlined version of what kTera has, it wont be so soon.

Mindset of what I seen from some of these people is they believe that the content patch would 100% come with the F2P code for some reason. Everybody ignores the possibility of NA Tera being the most successful client for BHS although I can see why they would, it's not confirmed anywhere aha

If this client were to go F2P, I would think it would be next year for sure(After Blade n Soul hits since we'll more then likely be in recovery mode form that). BHS is going to need time to plan and organize a whole new system for NA to get since Chronoscrolls would become useless and that's EME prime money maker there.

It would prob be more intelligent on their end to introduce this new system before switching to F2P to see if would work. Until then, I see no reason to really fret over this yet.
Edited by: JerryBoyle almost 2 years ago
FallguySoldier Profile Options #50

Minea on 12/25/2012, 07:30 PM - view
As you may have read today, NHN (the publisher for TERA in Korea) has decided to change TERA’s business model to be free. The industry has shifted in this direction and the Korean gaming market has always been on the forefront of this shift. NHN’s decisions are their own as is every territory that services TERA. TERA currently remains a subscription-based game in North America and Europe.

Regardless of the news from Korea, the good news is that TERA will continue to grow and improve with new game contents in North America, and all contents will be available for us should we decide to evaluate their use. As mentioned in A New Year for TERA, we will be following up in January with more information on the upcoming content including Crucible of Flame, an instance with scalable rewards and the new 3v3 battleground, Champion’s Skyring.

We know you are full of questions but that is all we have for now. Enjoy the holidays and look to January for more information – 2013 is going to be huge for us and we can’t wait to get started.

Thanks for the heads up Minea. I'll admit I've been out of touch with this game for several months now, but I've seen some of the upcoming changes for next year (such as the crafting system overhaul) and I'm definitely looking forward to it. As for the whole F2P situation, I'm glad TERA will remain P2P.
Edited by: FallguySoldier almost 2 years ago - Reason: Made a comment about SWTOR that will surely burn this thread with flames.