(Video) ToT 2nd boss, all classes.

Patriota Profile Options #1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fXzrr2Wz_w

Video i recorded of ppl soloing the second boss at ToT, got all classes, a few MW at the end.

Learn how solo it and don't ruin parties! S2

Hope you enjoy it.
Xicor Profile Options #2

Suspicious
Xicor Lvl.1
Lake of Tears (PVP)
Human Berserker
it isnt the second boss that keeps most groups from getting 3 bosses down... it is the [filtered] third boss. because ppl in pugs suck. i can solo both first and second with the same pot, and yet they still cant kill the third boss with 3 ppl...
Synergize Profile Options #3

Friendly
Cherika Lvl.60
Mount Tyrannas (PVP)
Elin Mystic
Xicor on 07/26/2012, 05:26 PM - view
it isnt the second boss that keeps most groups from getting 3 bosses down... it is the [filtered] third boss. because ppl in pugs suck. i can solo both first and second with the same pot, and yet they still cant kill the third boss with 3 ppl...

As someone who's done the 3rd boss on 3 different characters (lancer, sorc, and priest), I think the biggest issue people have with it is not avoiding the oneshot ability. That boss has two red-eye abilities; one of them is the huge oneshot 360 thing that most PUG melee DPS will die to. If you're a melee, you need to learn to block or Evasive Roll/Death from Above every time you see/hear a red eye attack. I swear, half of the PUG DPS I've run with get oneshot by that - WHY!?!

Healer fail can lead to lancers dying too, though. Lancers who don't have a +ed up t12 enigmatic lance AND chestpiece (with full anarchic crux) will take huge chunks of damage even through block, it's not player fault in this case, just poor gear. (Unless you're not using Anarchics, in which case it is player fault.) If the healer is one of those derps who seems to take a full minute to realize the lancer is at half health, it's quite possible the boss will cast another ground-slam thing and the lancer will die.

Honestly though, the damage that one boss ability does is stupid, haha. I have a +8 quietus plate and a +7 huddle amasser, and one time I accidentally tanked him with Stalwart crystals... I took a 45k crit through block. >____> I think my healer had a heart attack.
Edited by: Synergize over 1 year ago
Tranquil Profile Options #4

Dunno man, you have a point, somewhat, but...

...the times I have been told to solo the first boss (after telling the party I am comfortable with all the bosses), only to still have 2m+ on my pot after the kill and after coming into the room where the others are, then asking if I should log out and help with the 2nd boss when it spawns, only to have the 2nd effing DD fail Valsandre - after telling me not to log out - vastly outnumber the times I have seen fails on the 3rd boss. (That was such a monster sentence, my apologies!)

The 2nd boss, in my pugging experience, IS the make/break boss. Sadly, most people seem to fail it. Should just watch videos (like the OP's) and go practice on that named BAM in Serpentis Isle for key-titans as well as learning the mechanics..
Patriota Profile Options #5

Since i play mystic and a lancer, i usually fail due no one knowing how to solo the second boss, have no issue getting a person that can dps the last boss =), tops got kick range dps 1-2times to get a decent one.
Xicor Profile Options #6

Suspicious
Xicor Lvl.1
Lake of Tears (PVP)
Human Berserker
meh... i guess it is because i usually do the second boss... but most of my pug fails are from third boss... either they wipe, or they dont kill it in time.
Etikilam Profile Options #7

if en masse would un-westernize tot this wouldnt be an issue. Ive been told that in korea tot gives you 1 badge for 1 boss, 3 badges for 2 bosses, and 5 badges for 3 bosses. It doesnt make sense we get 1 badge for 1 boss, 1 badge for 2 bosses, and 3 badges for 3 :/
Patriota Profile Options #8

Etikilam on 07/26/2012, 06:10 PM - view
if en masse would un-westernize tot this wouldnt be an issue. Ive been told that in korea tot gives you 1 badge for 1 boss, 3 badges for 2 bosses, and 5 badges for 3 bosses. It doesnt make sense we get 1 badge for 1 boss, 1 badge for 2 bosses, and 3 badges for 3 :/

1 boss = 3 practicum
2 bosses = 3 prac + 1 dire
3 bosses = 3 prac + 3 dire and a chance to get the dire necklace
IonHD Profile Options #9

Although I haven't been playing as much lately, I really like this video you have posted.

I don't know how many times I've joined up with a pug that spent the first 10 minutes arguing who's suppose to solo the second boss, only to end up disbanding because all the dps believes their class is incapable of soloing said bam. Ranged will complain that the 2nd bam's charge/rush attack is to hard to dodge and they'll only just keep getting instakilled.
Patriota Profile Options #10

IonHD on 07/26/2012, 06:19 PM - view
Although I haven't been playing as much lately, I really like this video you have posted.

I don't know how many times I've joined up with a pug that spent the first 10 minutes arguing who's suppose to solo the second boss, only to end up disbanding because all the dps believes their class is incapable of soloing said bam. Ranged will complain that the 2nd bam's charge/rush attack is to hard to dodge and they'll only just keep getting instakilled.

Went through the same thing, archers will say it's impossible, yet i've seen many solo it xD