10/16 Upcoming Build Info

Chager Profile Options #1

In an effort to share info a bit more informally and sooner, I wanted to stop by and share some details about the build that we'll be publishing next Tuesday (10/16). Please note this isn't official patch notes; those will be out prior to the patch, but is more geared toward letting y'all know what is coming:

• Shandra Manaya Core (Normal Mode) Instance Added
• New achievements for level 60 players
-- Achievements are based on your class and give you class specific cruxes and fodder weapons for enchanting
• Enchantment Change Part 1
-- Items have been broken down into 3 categories (Weapons, Armors, Gloves/Boots) and each have received their own increased rate of enchanting success
-- Success rate using Uncommon and Rare sacrifice gears have been increased.
• Berserker Class Refinement
-- (lots of details here that we’ll give out once we confirm them prior to patch publish)
• New web links added in game
-- Let’s you access specifics on the web from in game (in case you get stuck on a dungeon and need a guide)
• Various Halloween event info
-- Files are being patched to prep for our Halloween event (the event will NOT be on yet, we have some awesome stuff we’re planning around this and will have more info on 10/16 abou the events)

Look for the official patch notes, patch AND Halloween Event details on 10/16!

-Chager
Edited by: Chager about 2 years ago - Reason: hate bullet points
Sano Profile Options #2

Neutral
Gabe.Newell Lvl.1
Valley of Titans (PVP)
Human Mystic
Chager on 10/11/2012, 03:41 PM - view
• New achievements for level 60 players
-- Achievements are based on your class and give you class specific cruxes and fodder weapons for enchanting

Neat.
Ryou Profile Options #3

Prime
Ryou Lvl.65
Mount Tyrannas (PVP)
Elin Priest
Class Specific Cruxes? I'm interested, what would those be exactly? Like Cruxes that only say a priest can equip and have specific effects on them?
Edited by: Ryou about 2 years ago
dcincali Profile Options #4

No change to bg drop outs. No change to bg spawn campers... No change to nexus lag... No pathing issue corrections with jaunt... No fix to dungeon q timers being horribly incorrect... But hey, I get new achieves...

Adding more to the game with out fixing the current issues with the exception of enchanting.. GJ on that one.
BarbeQQ Profile Options #5

At least they are dealing with a major problem in the game. The post above is a classic example of someone whining because the problem HE cares about isn't being immediately dealt with.
ErinKitten Profile Options #6

Favorable
Icye Lvl.65
Tempest Reach (PVE)
Elin Sorcerer
If you think increasing the success rate on green / blue fodder and not gold will help fix anything you're sorely mistaken...

Unless I'm reading that wrong :p
Kaylara Profile Options #7

First, I'd like to say THANK YOU Chager. It really means a lot for you to post this stuff informally. For a while it seemed like the personable communication since launch had started to fade away. Definitely excited for this patch and the start of the Halloween event. Second, supremely happy that enchanting is getting adjusted. It hasn't been a specific issue for me, but it was a major reason many seemed to become disenchanted with Tera. I hope this quells the complaining, if not stops it all together.

@Deincali Yes these are major problems with the game, but they are not game breaking. I too believe these need to be addressed, specifically pathing of Heart Thrust, Combative Strike, Teleport Jaunt, and Backstab. I think we just need to give them time. Some are not so easy to fix without upsetting the greater balance.

Cheers!
ToolFan462 Profile Options #8

Favorable
Feralheart Lvl.60
Tempest Reach (PVE)
Aman Slayer
Chager on 10/11/2012, 03:41 PM - view

-- Success rate using Uncommon and Rare sacrifice gears have been increased.
-Chager

So I guess there's little point in using golds anymore...
Kultra Profile Options #9

Prime
Jarvan Lvl.65
Tempest Reach (PVE)
Elin Lancer
IcyFiftyFive on 10/11/2012, 04:57 PM - view
If you think increasing the success rate on green / blue fodder and not gold will help fix anything you're sorely mistaken...

KINDA wrong, not completely.

All the base chances for enchanting are getting buffed, on top of that green and blues have a higher bonus chance than before, Gold stands as it was because the bonus was gonna be too large if they increased it on top of increasing the base I guess?

Edit -

This was just commented by my guild, as we all know, Blue is actually the rarest color of fodder, you can go check the AH usually more Gold than Blue due to the instances dropping it, would this be possible to have Blue as the highest chance fodder since its the rarest of fodders? >_>
Edited by: Kultra about 2 years ago
ToolFan462 Profile Options #10

Favorable
Feralheart Lvl.60
Tempest Reach (PVE)
Aman Slayer
Kultra on 10/11/2012, 05:42 PM - view
IcyFiftyFive on 10/11/2012, 04:57 PM

KINDA wrong, not completely.

All the base chances for enchanting are getting buffed, on top of that green and blues have a higher bonus chance than before, Gold stands as it was because the bonus was gonna be too large if they increased it on top of increasing the base I guess?

Except that now people will just use blues instead of yellow due to their cost and low availability.