Enchanting and Unsealing Improvements

Minea Profile Options #1

Hello, TERA community!

Over the last few months we have been working on a lot of changes to make TERA better for our audience. Some of them have been implemented into the game already as seen in our closed beta test patch notes. But we have more improvements coming our way and among them we have some great news to share with you on enchanting and unsealing systems!

Improved Enchanting
Certain items can be enchanted in TERA to increase its effectiveness. The change we will be implementing is the removal of the chance that an unsuccessful enchanting attempt will decrease the item's enchantment level. This means once you earn that enchant level it is yours to keep. In order to offset this change we have introduced 3 tiers of Alkahest powders: one for enchant +1 to +6, one for +7 to +9 and one for +10 to +12. Obviously the cost of powders will be increased at each tier. Our goal here was to keep the cost for getting these items similar but remove the frustrations that random numbers can cause and let you keep what you have already earned.

Improved Unsealing
In TERA, you can receive random attributes by unsealing an unidentified item. Then the item can be re-sealed and unsealed again until you receive the attributes you want. We are adding the ability to ‘lock’ the desired attributes earned from Identifying Enigmatic items. This lets you change the attributes you choose while letting you keep the ones you want. You can repeat the process until you receive all 3 or 4 attributes you wish. This should help eliminate the frustration felt of getting that exact combo you want on your items.

We will be sure to update you with more information as they become available and we appreciate your feedback. These changes are the results of the feedback we've received from you and we encourage you to keep sharing your thoughts!
ayurepr Profile Options #2

My name is AyurePR, and I approve this message.
Gorran Profile Options #3

Thank You for the news, Minea. Second feature looks really interesting for me however after reading the first one I've got that impression that gold is more important than luck which means there will be no drama in TERA at all now. And where is no drama there is no fun.
Mnemosyne Profile Options #4

If anybody needs proof EME is listening to its playerbase, read this OP.
Spot on EME; thank you for the changes.
Xicor Profile Options #5

Suspicious
Xicor Lvl.1
Lake of Tears (PVP)
Human Berserker
im sure i speak for the entire population when i say this: "enmase support is the best support of any mmo."
seriously... i dont know of any other mmos that make changes and respond to the playerbase as quickly or efficiently as you guys do.

you have my approval rating of +10/10.

@gorran: luck/rng ruins games, and that luck also translates to gold, so it would have been tons of gold to get what you wanted before this change.
Edited by: Xicor over 2 years ago - Reason: bashing troll
xtopolis Profile Options #6

Why are you making this game easier :(
Essentially you are making this game based on time --- time to accumulate the necessary gold to run through statistics to get what they want.

On the other hand, thanks for the increased RMT, and likely decrease in cost of Chronoscrolls as people will want more gold. I will enjoy playing for "free".
Krogger Profile Options #7

Neutral
Jaysi Lvl.60
Mount Tyrannas (PVP)
Elin Sorcerer
this is very nice
Irate Profile Options #8

Great update. Excited to try out enchanting!
Flores Profile Options #9

From a hardcore players perspective I am not happy about this at all. Improve rates sure but retain enchant level? Whats the point of even having a chance to upgrade just make it a flat fee 100% upgrade if you are going this route.

PRE ORDER CANCELLED
Gorran Profile Options #10

Xicor on 03/30/2012, 07:31 PM - view

@gorran: luck/rng ruins games, and that luck also translates to gold, so it would have been tons of gold to get what you wanted before this change.

So where's the difference when guy buying gold to have more chances to get better stuff or guy buying more gold to have better stuff?
You're probably right I believe and it might be not for my head at this hour.