1. Please add a suggestions forum in here. It will make both yours and our lives easier. I love this game and want an efficient way to help conrtribute to its growth.
2. Please create a Lotro account and look at their ingame voice chat and copy it. This game is crying out for ingame chat. You have done so much to make the game immersive, having to watch a chat box and type really detracts from that. This is my absolute #1 suggestion for this game. I do want to have spontaneous groups form. I dont want to spend 10 minutes getting them all onto vent, mumble, TS, whatever just to spend an hour with them. Lotro does it so well. I strongly suggest emulating them.
The long version:
Heres a post I made on www.mmorpg.com
just now. The key points are in the TLDR version above, however feel free to comment on either version.
I've been playing MMO's since my brother-in-law showed me UO back in 2001, then 3 years in UO, 3 years in Lineage2, couple of years raiding in WoW, couple of years immersed in Darkfall and on and off returning to Lotro (thank you for having lifetime memberships).
I've found my home for the next few years (no not months, years).
I'd been soloing in this game so far (apart from running the first dungeon - BoL) but last night I joined a guild on the new PvP server - yes they have already catered to demand and started a 4th pvp server. I transferred all 3 toons to the new server (at no cost).
One of the guys wanted to hit some BAM's for a quest (level 24ish). By the time I had got to him he had added 3 more people to the group. We then spent the most fun hour I've had in MMO's for years belting these BAMs. Mind you, this is on a pvp server where everyone can "go red" on you, however we easily grouped with people and had an absolute ball.
I cannot wait to log in again today. I dont remember the last time I felt this enthusiastic for my MMO. My wife isnt too happy about it, she can see my enthusiasm.
I dont need to preach to people the merits of this game. Its going to be huge. Word of mouth will make this game grow.
I have 2 issues at the moment.
1. I love my beserker for PvE but I know my archer is the better pvp toon for my latency. I also love my priest toon. So I cant help but play 3 toons in parallel. Not so wise on a pvp server and I know I'll get my [filtered] kicked when people hit the cap, but I love all 3 toons.
2. If there was one thing I would want from other games it would be Lotros ingame voicechat.
Seriously the combat is so good and immersive, if I group with randoms for BAM's etc I dont want to be watching the chat box and typing, I want to fight and speak. I love Lotro's voice chat. This game needs the same.
Anyway, back to the game. And yes while its more difficult for aussies with our 250 ping to Chicago I'm sure I can cope. I wouldn't want to be playing anything else now...
Edited by: Alberton
about 1 year ago
- Reason: I should proof read - my bad.