BoomerBlackhand's Post History
combative strike > traverse cut > blade draw
dash > blade draw
rising fury > blade draw
death from above > vortex slash > blade draw
That's the priority list I go by depending on how often blade draw resets. If you go all the way through it, I think traverse cut will have reset and you can start again. Doesn't happen very often though.
combative strike > rain of blows
Use this if blade draw is down. Pounce can be substituted for combative strike. I haven't done any tests or anything, so maybe someone can correct me if there's a better combo.
Use combo attack as filler and always try to attack from nearly directly behind if you can. The rear arc is actually pretty small. Maybe 45 degrees.
Oh, and I'm not 60 yet, so haven't used Scythe yet.
I use critical multiplier crystals, not critical rate. With assault stance, we crit all the time anyway. That, plus a glistening for mp regen.
Applied under the name of Boomer.Blackhand. I'm coming from WoW and SW:Tor, looking forward to meeting you all.
Worked for me. Just swapped binary directories, scanned with MacAfee, and started it up. I'm in.
How many bandages and potions do people normally carry around with them? Especially at higher levels.
Also, where do you get most of your potions from? Do you make them yourself with alchemy, buy them from the brockerage, or is there an npc vendor somewhere?
Oh, and lucky eggs! What's the best thing to do with them? Break them as you get them or combine them to make er, Destiny eggs?
Doesn't the human male have a shaved head look? it's not shiny pate bald, more like shaved monk, but it's close.
I played a human female in the CB and might go back to that depending on how the male is animated and sounds.
My first character, named in part from my WoW server.
I may reroll as a female human instead, but I'm going to start as male, at least.
Crushing blows in WoW were taken out as much because of how tanks were negating them as their randomness. Warriors could completely remove them from the hit table just by pushing their shield block button every five seconds. Paladins could almost push them off the hit table by gearing for it. Druids just ate 'em and had enough hit points to survive, usually.
Big hits from bosses have there place, I just hate the idea that one mistake by one person can wipe the group. And it's always the same person being asked to play faultlessly.
The videos I've seen of level 60 hard modes has had a lancer as a main tank with a warrior dps. If the lancer goes down, the warrior picks up the BAM until the lancer gets rezzed. That looks like a workable solution, but it'd be nice if there were more options to prevent a wipe due to one persons mistake.
It'd be amusing if one day we woke up and dollars disappeared and we only had cents to count our money in.
"It costs 1499 cents a month to play a video game!? Outrageous!"
This was my first CB and I made it up to 25 as a warrior. Didn't really try to go any higher since I knew I'd be doing it all again at release, and I wanted to try out all the classes at least a little. I gotta say, this game has some of the best combat around, and I had a great deal of fun fighting Kumas and Nagas out in Celestial Hills.
1. I'm not even sure what the loot system was. I did one run of Bastion of Lok, but drops just seemed to go to whoever the computer wanted them to go to. Can we even trade gear that drops after it's been given to someone?
3. I liked the teleport system to get you back to the front lines. I was a bit spoiled by playing human and being able to teleport back to Velika whenever I wanted, but the teleport scrolls seemed to fill that need nicely. In fact, I usually had a half dozen safe teleport scrolls to take me back to Lumbertown to sell gear and buy stuff. Then you can just teleport back to whichever outpost is closest too where you were questing. I'd rather not see it made any easier to get around. In both EQ and WoW, onced they allowed easy teleport access anywhere, it meant everyone stayed in the same cities, and the rest of the world was dead.
9. I'm not too sure how I feel about charms. I would throw in whatever I had whenever I stopped at a campfire, but the buff is so short that I think most of the time I didn't have a charm up, and I didn't notice it.
10. I'm fine with the death penalties in the game, I just wish there was a notification when you revived about what exactly had broken so you remember to replace it. I guess I'm going to have to keep stacks of crystals in my bags for dungeon runs.
And to add a few additional ones...
11. The login screen should retain your email address after the first time.
12. The voiced messages you got whenever you clicked on an npc got very repetitive very fast. Each npc needs at least four or five messages that they recycle through. Unless you want to start another "Arrow to the knee" meme.
13. /dance animations don't recycle cleanly. The character comes to a complete stop before starting another cycle. Very important for my playing experience! ;-p
14. Could we have some darker skin and hair tones for human females? There isn't any true black hair color, it only goes as far as a grayish brown. Also, during cutscenes, your characters skin reverts to a healthy pink color, while the face stays the color you picked. This can leave your character looking pretty diseased.
That's it for now. I really enjoyed playing in the CB. It's going to be a long two weeks until OB.