1. Some people (like me) have maybe an hour to play a weeknight and 3 or 4 hours to play on a weekend day/night. There's no way for us to even have a shot at the mount because of the drop rate.
2. This is not a fun event. Stumbling across a box is fun the first time and then it becomes dismal as firework after firework shows up. Players like to have a fair chance to win something fun. From what I can see from global chat since this started it's about 80% fireworks (useless), 15% buffs, 4% alkahest and spellbinds and 1% letters. I'm estimating on these numbers but you have to admit opening box after box and finding useless fireworks is the biggest letdown since LOTRO had the coals and potatoes in the winter holiday gift boxes fiasco. The drop rate on the letters is so remote that it's not worth it to do the event other than to hope for the 4% alkahest & spellbinds. Oh and someone said they got a Ruby. Put that in the 4% section.
3. Chat is full of unhappy people. Comments range from "I've been keeping my eyes open for 2 hours now and I can't find a box" to "I've opened 80 boxes and nothing but fireworks". People are giving up looking for the boxes or just picking them up and selling them. When so many people are so bummed by an event something is not right.
4. The whole promo for T-E-R-A as an event is focused on the mount. They did not present it as "hey we've got an amazing range of prizes for you! open boxes and get alkahest and spellbind! get cool fireworks! " They present the event as a way to win a rare mount and it's very bait and switch when the odds of getting the mount are so very low.
5. The spawn rate of the boxes is too low. They do not spawn in enough areas. The boxes despawn as you're running to collect them. Why on earth have them despawn?
6. We're not asking for a free mount in 30 minutes. But I keep seeing comments in chat from people that have been playing nonstop since this started and they've collected a hundred boxes and have 4 duplicated R's. This is not fun. This is a very poor way to celebrate a milestone in Tera's history.
7. It's the anniversary of Tera and I was excited until all of the celebration events turned into grind events. Put down 100 campfires. Enchant something to level +6. These are not celebration events, these are grind quests. Celebration events are about interacting with other players and generate an appreciation for the game. For example what if they had provided each player with 10 gifts each of which they needed to exchange with another player. Once a gift is traded with another player it can be opened. That would be fun! Yes, it would take time and yes it means interacting with other players but it would be enjoyable. The gifts could be buffs or silly things - but it would be a blast. Or - another idea - group tours of Tera could be an event. Players could group up so the lower levels could be protected and visit various points of interest around the Tera world. Once completed each player that finished could get a title. See the difference between a grind quest as an event and an actual fun thing that could celebrate Tera's anniversary in a way that left the players loving Tera even more?
My hope is that the feedback from this event shows the folks making these decisions that there are other ways to do celebrations. The approach taken here frankly sucks. It's rude to the players (despawning boxes that disappear as you run to them... really!?) and it makes people lose respect for the Tera team. Tera can do better than this.
Ye, I Quote this because I want to.
So everyone can read it again.
To your post:
You are 200% right, enough said.
Now Change this Event please, EME.
Baam, you are not alone, I already opened 500+ Boxesand I got 13 T, 7 E, 8 R, 0 A.
I'm with you.
Notice to the end:
Fail Event, reason to quit, especially if they'll put the Mount in the cash shop after the Event.
If you set Real Time Optimization on 0 it will lower your Shadow and Character Details to get better Performance in crowded places or in Parties.
If you set it on 3 it will Keep your determined Settings even if your FPS is going down, so no lowering of Shadow or Character Detail (for example if set on 4).
I can't log in either. It takes me to the server selection screen, I select my server (I've tried all of them)...and nothing happens. I don't even get the "can't connect to server" message. Just nothing. I've tried restarting my entire launcher, but nothing is working.
Je, miss it too already. ;(
Just good that I came 5 Mins before the servers down online to Praise :ppp