Hihi, my name is Legendary, i play a lvl 60 lancer on the frost reach server.
For the past 5 days or so i have been waddling about in my end game adventures, here is what i have to say :
First off, tera is a great game, i love it. However some things are killing it and it needs to be adjusted, not in 2 months but yesterday.
1. Crystals. The situation is ridiculous, time to admit the mistake EME. The old system was great, crystal supply was abundant and people who didn't know how to use the mischief box
were being supplied by those who did, crystal prices were alright and they served their purpose : death bill.
Now we have a situation where the removal of eggs and mischief box created a wave of players who are simply unequipped. I've had to kick countless people from lvl 60 instances simply because my group of 4 won't carry them if they show up through lfd with poor crystal setups. (that is if they have crystals at all...)
(no, not the worthless mob drop box, that one can be gone, talking about the vendor specific green box wich allowed for crystal conversions.)
Solution : Put the mischief box as a vendor item and the eggs as a quest reward back in. If it works don't break it.
2. Eggs. The eggs were great, it supplied people with crystals but not only that, green scrolls and most importantly, enchanting powders and unglyphs. wich will bring me to point 3 in a bit.
Supposedly these were removed to help alchemists, it does not achieve that purpose and removes an important aspect wich made this game so great. Also, as far as i am concerned alchemy does not make enchanting powders, unglyphs, crystals nor green scrolls.
Solution : Put the eggs back in. If it works don't break it.
3. Enchanting. Oh, how you've been fooled thinking this system would be better than the old one. Vanarch powders are a joke, with average new success rate you are looking at 10k gold worth of powder to get a single +9.
Now you said you made this change because you didn't want people ragequitting after a fail wich resulted in a downgrade, how many do you think will quit when they realize they will never be able to afford enchanting?
Currently, there is no other way to obtain powders than to purchase from a vanarch shop. The old system gave powders through eggs and lfd reward box. People would go about their normal business and gather enough powder to enchant regardless. It just took time doing what they would anyways.
Nobody used something else than the blue sturdy powder to enchant past +6, downgrades were nearly non-existent. Sure you might have had the odd ragequit when one in a thousand downgrades despite using blue powder. Better than the thousands who won't be able to afford this new system of yours.
Solution : Put the egg and lvl 60 lfd reward box in, revert the enchanting system to what it was. If it works don't break it.
4. Crafting. Runes were never intended to be used as a leveling material. They were intended to be used as a reagent to craft actual items. Crafting levels were gotten through the mission board crafting quests.
Best in slot gear comes from crafting yet people are unable to lvl it due to the removal of crafting quests.
Solution : Put the crafting quests back in. If it works don't break it.
5. Green glyphs. I understand you want to make training grounds a lvl 60 shiny instance but that instance was designed to provide lvl 58 players with green glyphs so they could tackle lvl 60 content with decent builds.
Right now it is so obnoxious especially as a lancer to tank any lvl 60 content due to the boss swing timers, i am assuming were designed to work along the casting speed on shout provided by said green glyphs.
I believe this is the same scenario for all the classes. Nobody took that instance seriously to begin with, it was just a lfd box farm and green glyphs market, hell you'd have healers afk in there.
Solution : Put training grounds back in as it was, we need it. If it works don't break it.
If you are that committed to make it lvl 60 content then offer different rewards from it and give us a vendor to purchase green glyphs with some sort of currency available to lvl 58's or just for gold.
6. Repeatable quests for max level characters. These were used as a way to acquire eggs. In the current state of things they are completely worthless. The only thing they do reward is experience wich as you may be aware a max level character has little us of.
Solution : Put the eggs as a quest reward back in. If it works don't break it.
7. Rifts. No just kidding, that's fine we don't have enough people to even make a dent on those bams, implement that when the lvl 60 playerbase is healthy.
I believe that is all i have to say. Once again Tera is a great game but i believe you have made very shortsighted changes to it without thinking of the consequences.
It is great to see you listen to community feedback and make changes, but you got to be smarter about it and realize most of the people complaining about x and y are as shortsighted as the changes themselves.
Hell most of them have yet to experience 58-60 content.
Thank you for reading.