Tomorrow! Be there or be square!
UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT:NOW WITH 76% Less Lancer vs. Lancer duels!
Greetings Celestial Hills comrades! I want quickly announce that server wide Level 60 Duel of Champions PVP Event is BACK and directly after Sunday's 2nd Nexus outside of North Velika! The Remnant is now fully integrated into the Envisage of Night and we are now holding the tournament under the EoN banner! We hope to see as many of you that can make it as possible. So after you are done bringing down Nexus lords, sharpen your blades and get ready for some PVP fun!
Non-level 60's are welcome to attend and participate in exhibition matches. Come join in the merriment as Envisage of Night hosts a fantastic exibition of prowess and skill! RP is welcome and encouraged but not mandatory.
The Grand Champion will be awarded 800g. The runner up will receive 12 Refined Alkahest. Be it bow,blade, or spell; come prepared to fight for honor, justice, and the Light. For the Federation!
The rules are simple:
1) No forign objects (pots,scrolls,charms, nostrums, etc.). Any crystal/glyph set up is permitted however.
2) All fights are bound to the dueling timer. If there is no victor in that time the winner will be the person with the highest health (to be decided by an adjudicator)
3)Adjudicators will be appointed by host guild Envisage of Night; their job is to form the dueling group and monitor the players hud to ensure no illegal items are used.
4) Any disrespectful or malicious actions either verbal or otherwise will result in immediate disqualification. (playful 'smack talk' is permitted of course :P )
5) Have fun!
Note: Brackets will be determined on player turnout. We will do our best to ensure that at least in the 1st round there are no same class match ups. There were be NO participants accepted 10min past the hour.
So say we all.
Edited by: Nueshak 10 months ago
Looking forward to seeing you all there tomorrow!
The the post title has an error. It is infact 4PM EST (Directly after the 1st Nexus on Sunday)
The Remnant's 1st Duel of Champions PVP Event was a great success thanks to so many of you turning out. With that in mind we have two very special announcements to make:
1) To facilitate the large amount of interest that was shown we are moving the time to allow for a longer event. The new official time will be SUNDAYS (Beginning July 8th) from 4PM EST(1pm server) to 6PM EST (3pm server)
2) NON LEVEL 60 TOURNAMENT BRACKETS! That's right; now you can bring your non level 60 main or alt to compete in the opening event! The level range will be from 30-59 for this bracket and will consist of 3v3 or 5v5 teams depending on the level gaps and attendance. Due to the vast range of potential levels 1v1 duels will be in the level 60 bracket only. The 30-59 event will be in the 1st hour so be there on time!
The Rules are the same as last week:
1) No foreign objects (pots, scrolls, charms, nostrums etc etc)
2) Any glyph or crystal set up is permitted.
3) Duels will persist until the time limit is up; at which time the combatant with the highest health is proclaimed the victory by one of the official adjudicators.
4) Adjudicators will be non competing officers of Remnant who will form a party for each combatant to join. At that time they will be "inspected" to insure fair play.
5) All combatants must remain in the dueling area. Being outside the large square for 5sec will result in a "ring out" DQ.
6) NEW RULE: The Grand Champion has a chance at winning 250 more gold by challenging and defeating the tournament's Master of Ceremonies (Nueshak) if they choose to accept the challenge. If they lose they forfeit 500g of their prize money. (a mild version of double or nothing)
Grand Champion (Level 60 Bracket): 1000g(base), 1250g(defeat MoC). 250g(lose to MoC)
2nd Place: 12 Refined Alkahest
Winning Team (30-59 bracket): Proclaimed "King's Guard" for the week
Lets have another fun and exciting night of PVP on Celestial Hills!
-Nueshak (GM of The Remnant)
Edited by: Nueshak 11 months ago
linofer on 06/29/2012, 09:45 AM - view
Meloncat on 06/29/2012, 09:44 AM57 tries and counting to +8 my t12 weap;)
stop using whites
Nothing in either two of the above posts makes any sense.
aethelbirht on 06/28/2012, 04:30 PM - view
PLEASE close this post. It is silly.
With the prospect of yet more GVG coming to PVE servers with changes to the vanarchy system, you have GOT to give individual PVE players an opt out option so they don't have to fight in the war. Basic GVG on PVE servers was bad enough: the prospect of being forced out of your guild, either temporarily or permanently, to avoid non consensual PVP, for 24 hours. This new change to the vanarchy system opens up the prospect of us being shut out of our guilds or of the game for up to a full week, the current election cycle.
PVE servers are PVE for a reason: they are governed by the idea that PVP only occurs in strictly consensual situations. GVG without an opt out for individual guild members presents us with only two bad choices: either leave a guild we may like, or engage in PVP when we don't individually consent to it. Our choice of when and whether to PVP is severely eroded.
PLEASE put in an opt out switch for individual guild members in GVG on PVE servers.
PLEASE close this post. It is silly.
I agree with everything you said; but folks like us are in the minority my friend. Sad but true fact.